CPD is all about learning. It ensures that you stay current in the immigration field and learn and grow throughout your career.
As an RCIC, you must complete 16 hours of CPD each year by participating in College-approved activities (see below).
See our Upcoming CPD Events page for new CPD offerings.
CPD requirements and obligations
To maintain your RCIC licence, you must:
- Earn 16 CPD hours each term
- Keep all CPD records or documents for 5 years that show you completed your CPD (for example, proof of payment, invoices, proof of registration, proof of attendance, certificate of completion)
- Report your completed CPD activities every year to the College for verification
- If you were selected for a CPD Audit, submit the documentation that college asks within 30 days
If you fail to meet these requirements, you may be fined or have your licence suspended.
How do I report my CPD hours?
- CPD reporting cycle: July 1 to June 30 of the following year (12 months)
- CPD hours are reported as a part of the Annual Renewal
CPD submissions made via email or mail will not be accepted.
Your CPD submission may be audited at any time between July 1 and June 30 of the following year. If you are selected for an audit, we will notify you by email.
You will be required to provide documentation to the College; we will include further details in the email.
Information for CPD Providers
CPD Providers must submit new CPD activities for approval through the CPD Provider Portal . For more information, see the CPD Providers page.
CPD Provider resources
If you have questions about CPD or the CPD process, contact the CPD Administrator at email@example.com.